Located at 1327 County Highway 45 south of Austin, Minnesota and was also known as the “Austin Outdoor”. It was established in 1949 and its closing date is unknown. Available records indicates that one of the owners was Carisch. Records indicate there was one screen and the theatre’s car capacity was 350. The theatre’s remaining structure status is unknown.
The architect of the theatre was Jacob J. Liebenberg of Liebenberg and Kaplan Architecture.
Minnesota Historic Society Photo of 218 Hiway Drive-In, 1950’s.
2015 Current Location of 218 Hiway Drive-In.